|OSAKA UNIVERSITY SHORT-TERM STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM _|
Koji NAMBA (International Student Center)
The objectives of JA100 are:
(1) to have a basic understanding of sentence structures, grammar and vocabulary of Japanese
(2) to be familiar with texts written in hiragana, katakana, and simple kanjis
(3) to be able to use and comprehend commonly used phrases in daily communication with the university community
(4) to be able to deliver personal information, experiences, simple comments, etc. in conversations in Japanese
(5) to develop skills for getting information about the Japanese language through communication with native Japanese speakers
After completing this course, in addition to improving their reading and writing skills, students will be able to:
1. read and write hiragana and katakana (Japanese Alphabet)
2. recognize 145 basic kanji
3. describe person's or thing's state
4. tell one's experience
5. describe one's plan/schedule
6. some basic funcions(request, permission etc.)
1. Genki: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese I, Japan Times.
2. Genki: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese I, Workbook. Japan Times.
Lecture Guideline and Attendance Policy
Lectures will be given 3 times a week, 90 minutes each, for 15 weeks. Regular attendance to all classes is required. Being absent for one third or more of the classes will be considered as withdrawal from the course.
Class attendance, participation and performance 40%
Quiz, assignment, essay and presentation 20%
Final written Exam. 20%
Final oral exam. 20%
|[Index]||[List of 2009:Spring Semester]||[Prev]||[Next]|