|OSAKA UNIVERSITY SHORT-TERM STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM _|
Tsutomu NISHIHARA, Junichi AZUMA, Akemichi BABA, Hiromichi FUJIOKA, Kazumasa HIRATA, Masatomo MAEDA, Toshio MATSUDA, Kazuyuki MIYASHITA, Nobutoshi MURAKAMI, Tatsuya TAKAGI, and Kaisuke YONEDA (Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences)
This course gives foreign students an introduction to chemical, biological, and environmental pharmaceutical sciences and their recent progress in Japan. This course includes lectures, technical tours and discussions with teachers and students in the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
No particular textbook is used, but some materials will be given in class.
1. What is a medicine?
2. How to find and make a medicine?
3. How and why does a medicine act?
4. How to use a medicine?
5. How to create a new medicine?
6. What is a medicine in the future?
7. Tour to medical botanical garden, pharmacy, waste treatment plant and others
8. Laboratory tour and demonstration of modern instruments
The course grade will be based upon a term paper to be submitted at the end of the course (60%) and class participation & discussion (40%).
|[Index]||[List of 2002:Fall Semester]||[Prev]||[Next]|